Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Put your hands together.

I think it is safe to say that Dylan has learned his first imitation skill.


On Friday, I noticed that Dylan appeared to be clapping his hands. I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not, so I looked right at him and clapped my hands together. Sure enough, with a big smile on his face, he repeated it back to me.
Needless to say, he got quite the reaction! Read: I displayed my joy with lots of really annoying loud and high pitched cheering and laughing.
Dylan has since learned that by clapping his hands together, he can impress large amounts of people. As a matter of fact, this weekend alone, I would say that most of Cape Cod has seen this trick.
And while this skill does requires lots of concentration...

...it is SO worth it!

For not only is this a brand new learned skill, it has also put countless smiles on people's faces. Dylan has made people feel...good. And happy. Just for being him.
We continue to be so proud. And so humbled by this little boy.

13 comments:

Karly said...

Yay, Dylan! Giving you a round of applause over here. :D

Cheryl said...

Oh that is super!!! He's such a cutie!

Sharon said...

What fun! He's as cute as ever and getting so big. Hope you had a great time on the Cape.

Cathy said...

Yay Dylan!! What a little cutie pie!

Derek, Kenzee and Gage said...

Those pictures are just adorable!! I love the looks on his sweet face! GOOD JOB DYLAN!! You are so precious

Loren Stow said...

That is so cool! Well done Dylan!

Kimberly said...

Go Dylan.
I can't wait to see it in person. He is doing so great!!!

Angela said...

Yay, Dylan!! I have taken countless pics of Benjamin clapping b/c he (like Dylan, it appears) always stretches his arms all the way out and smiles so big! I love it!!!

Kim Rees said...

Fantastic! Gotta love this little guy! He always makes me smile!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

MAN he's adorable!!! WTG Dylan!

Tausha said...

How darling he is. Love the sweet little hands clapping.

Jackie said...

Okay, those are the cutest pictures EVER!

Amy said...

How awesome is he! And cute to boot.