Monday, August 4, 2008

A sweet moment

I know I already mentioned that Dylan slept from about 10p until 5a the other night, but I guess I was feeling greedy and wanted even more sleep! Not to mention that he may have slept through the night, but I certainly didnt. Sheesh, I think I slept even less than if he had woken up to feed! I kept turning the light on and checking on him, putting my hand on his chest, touching his head...
Well, after he ate and I changed his diaper it was about 6a and he wasnt in the mood to go back to sleep...but I was. I put him back in his bassinet, which is right next to our bed. He kept squirming and grunting...and eventually fussing. I decided to take him out of his bassinet and lie him next to me in my bed, just so we could snuggle for a bit. I started to gently rub his face and he began to calm down. I continued stroking his cheeks until eventually he drifted off to sleep. The next thing I knew, an hour had passed and I had fallen asleep as well. I woke up a few inches from Dylan's face...I woke to his feet kicking me...he was sound asleep and it was just the sweetest thing. I kissed his cheek and thought to myself, "life doesnt get much better than this".

4 comments:

me said...

Aww, this brought tears to my eyes. It's those sweet little moments that keep us mamas going.

Kimberly said...

He looked so cute when I saw him spralled out tucked into your bed this weekend :)

Lis said...

I miss little moments like that!

Anonymous said...

Awww, those little moments are the best!
~Danielle