That would be me...the one with the issues.
So, now that I've had some time to process all of the information from the Feeding Team/Swallowing Center, I'm not totally sold on the idea of the lots-o-oscopies. The more I have thought about it, the more I am wondering if maybe this is one of those things that may require just a bit more time and perseverance? A bit more patience on my part? Maybe I haven't been giving Dylan enough opportunities to learn how to chew and to learn how to swallow? Maybe it's me with the problems, not him. Bah. Who knows.
I just got off the telephone with Dylan's pediatrician to ask her thoughts on it all. Naturally, wouldn't you know that Cassidy decided that the minute I called her, would be the perfect time to scream, yell and cry? The perfect time to demand "More puffs!" over and over again? And while I must admit, I did attempt that whole silent mean face thing in a desperate attempt to scare her into being quiet, it didn't work. I had to resort to closing myself in the bathroom with Dylan in my arms while Cass continued to pound on the door yelling, "Mommy! Get out here!". Ah, nice. So, what I think the pediatrician was trying to tell me was to go ahead with the swallow study on Friday (even though we are still not quite catching on to the whole sippy cup thing...ahem...), see what the results are from that and go from there. If they still suggest we continue on with the scopes, then I suppose that's what we'll do. They are scheduled for Monday, so we shall see. While his pediatrician does recommend the scopes, she also understands my hesitancy. I guess I just don't know if the benefits outweigh the risks here...and how, may I ask, am I to know for sure without actually doing it?
Good grief. Where in the world is my parenting manual? Because today, my friends, is one of those days that I desperately need it.