Wednesday, February 2, 2011

snow.

I don't think I can remember a winter quite like this one.

Oh, I'm sure there have been super snowy winters before, but this?



This is out of control. I emailed my mom this morning to tell her that we literally had snow balls falling out of the sky. The flakes were giant! And they were dropping onto mounds and mounds of snow already there. Never melting.

I brought Dylan to our back door to take a look...



and he was just as impressed as I was.



I have to keep reminding myself that this is only the very beginning of February and that we have a ways to go yet. And if we continue on the path that we've been on this winter, I'm sure that many, many more snow storms await us...



But it's good. It's good because what I do remember, and what I do know for certain, is that these days may be long, but the years are short...

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Aww, love that first pic. Wish we got some of that snow!

Kim Tracy Prince said...

Beautiful pictures. I grew up in CT, so I miss the snow, but watching the news and hearing the stories of the epic snowfalls this year makes me much less homesick.