Tuesday, February 1, 2011
It's a new month...
which means new resolutions for my happiness project!
Recently, I have been reading The Happiness Project by Gretchin Rubin. After finishing the first sentence in the book, I had decided to create my own happiness project.
In January, I decided to focus on "vitality" and wrote a post about what my resolutions would be for the month.
I had 4 resolutions:
1. working out
2. acting more energetic (act the way you want to feel)
3. tossing out, organizing
4. tackling nagging tasks
I made a resolutions chart and stuck it to my fridge so that each day I could either check off the goal if I accomplished it, or mark it with an "x" if I did not. My strength was definitely "working out" (all check marks but 4 - and my new bffs are, by far, Jillian Michaels and Jackie Warner).
My weakness was "organizing". That's not to say that I was horribly disorganized all month, but I probably could have done better. I think the final tally was about half checks and half x's on that (ok, maybe it was more like 40/60), but I will say that I am more organized now than I ever have been, so it did help to keep me somewhat on track.
This month, along with working on all of my January resolutions, I will be starting a set of new resolutions in "Enjoying Parenthood".
This month, I will be working on the following:
1. Make memories (start traditions, take time for projects).
2. Treasure memories (work on a daily "One Sentence Journal", begin photo books in Shutterfly)
3. Acknowledge the reality of my kids' feelings (read "How To Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk", by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish)
4. Patience, patience, patience (practice 2 minute "meditation")
I'm excited! Today is Day One. Here we go!
If you are interested in starting your own Happiness Project, you can read more about it here: The Happiness Project.