Sunday, December 6, 2009

12 Days of Giving: Days 4 and 5



Yesterday I went Christmas shopping - finally!! I had the 12 Days of Giving Challenge in the back of my mind, but wasn't exactly sure what it was that I could "give".

I decided to pick out a holiday card for Larisa Hertz. Ever since I read her story on Life With My Special K's a few months ago, I have been following her journey. She is an amazingly strong girl who is currently recovering in a burn unit in a hospital in Kansas. It appears that she will be in the hospital during the holidays, so I decided to send along a card with a small donation as well.

Now, this isn't part of the giving challenge, but as I was walking into line there was a woman who was also walking into line. Clearly I was there ahead of her, but I had 32,412 items in my carraige. She was literally holding 2 items in her arms. I stopped, mentioned for her to go ahead of me and said, "You go. Please". She looked surprised, looked up at me and said, "Really? Are you sure?". I laughed and said, "Of course!". She stopped, smiled and said, "Thank you very much".

It was such a small gesture. So easy and yet it made her happy. But seriously? Do people normally not do this?

*

Today I stole, er...borrowed Bethany's idea to check out the Wish Upon a Hero website. I found a woman in need of winter jackets and clothes for her 1 year old daughter and 4 month old son. I can do that! So, I did.

Now...to think of 7 more things...hmm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See...it really isn't that difficult to do small things all during your day. You never know who will be touched by them.Nice job. love Piecy

Bethany said...

Love these! And isn't the Wish Upon a Hero site addicting?! Seriously -- love it!

Anonymous said...

You are always giving to all of us that read this blog.You certainly one of the most caring mother of the year. God Bless and have a Merry Christmas.